Trying to fire my interest back up in Battltetech, but it's not working...

 What is there to say?

 

Really starting to hate the Woke on a major scale.  They've pretty much destroyed things I liked and revel in the fact that they did destroy it.  Ace Kaller might be given the blame for the shit they pulled by some people in the Battletech community, but I blame the pieces of shit from the 40K community who fled to Battletech more than I blame some delusional moron who has mental issues and can't figure out who or what they are every other day. 


So why am I talking about Battletech after pretty much walking away from it?  Well, it seems that a friend of mine wants me to help a family member and do a little demo workshop at their store and introduce people who have never  played the table top game.

 

I've done this many times before for people and, honestly, it's fun.  A lot of people (particularly the 40K snobs) dismiss it as "giant stompy robots" and think it's basically Transformers and Pacific Rim thrown in.  Imagine their shock when I start them out with "Okay, we're going to build a battlemech" and they realize there's more to it than just grabbing a miniature, throwing some dice, and blowing the shit out of some other player.

 

True, you CAN do that and I'll admit it's fun sometimes (URBIE GAMES!  THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE URBIE IN THE END!), but a lot of people fail to realize that it's not just "stompy robots".  You've got mechs, aerospace fighters, vehicles, conventional aerospace fighters, armored infantry, standard infantry, even boats and submarines.  And it's fun doing these little workshops and introducing the game to people.

 

But lately, I'm just not feeling it.  Politics and the arrogant snobby attitudes of certain gamers have pretty much turned me off from Battltech and it doesn't help this particular store is also where one of the biggest groups of 40K assholes likes to hang out at.  So, yeah, I wanna' help a friend out, but I really don't want to do deal with some assholes pushing their politics down my throat or bashing me for playing a "poor man's version of 40K".  


It's hard to do any gaming at all when some douche bag wants to kill the fun in it.

So yeah, figuring if it's worth helping a friend out or not.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to my final fandom...Battletech